Freebie :: Social Media Icons Update

May 2012 Social Media Icons

Remember my 12 Days of Digital Freebies I did last Christmas? Remember this social media icon set I made?

It’s been a popular download, which awesome, but I got a request for a social media set that included Pinterest and Instagram. Apparently is harder to find than you would expect, given the popularity of both sites. To which I said, you got it.

I’ve updated the original set with icons for Instagram, Artfire, and Etsy. All of the sites now represented are: Artfire, Etsy, Facebook, Flickr, Google+, Instagram, LinkedIn, Email, Pinterest, RSS, StumbleUpon, Tumblr, Twitter, Vimeo, and YouTube.

I stuck to the individual logo colors for this set, though I’ve been thinking about whipping up other social media icons. If I do, is there a particular shape (like a square or rectangle) or size you prefer? Do you like the original logo colors, or would you prefer customized colors? Is there a site you love to use that I didn’t include? I’d love to hear your thoughts, if you get a chance.

To download the updated set, click here. Enjoy!

Need to know how to install these on your blog? This Tip Share explains it.

01/21/2013: Just a note – some people have been having problems downloading the zip file. I haven’t been able to replicate the problem (it downloads okay for me), so until I work out if it’s a problem on the site or server, I’d suggest switching to a different web browser (if you have a second one installed – it downloads okay for me in Chrome and IE), or turning off your pop-up blocker.

05/25/2013: I’ve moved all of my freebie downloads off my website to a different hosting service to help fix the problems people have been having. Let me know if you’re still running into issues!

45 Responses to Freebie :: Social Media Icons Update

1. carolyn says:

OMG! No wonder the digital world can be so confusing! FIFTEEN social media buttons?! REALLY? With all that going on, who has time to create? LOL

LOL! I know *exactly* how you feel, Carolyn! I can barely manage my blog, Twitter, and Pinterest; I have no idea how people manage all of the sites out there.

The funny part is, at only 15 buttons, this would probably be considered a “small” set!

2. Vicki Potter says:

I don’t even know what some of those are for!
    Vicki Potter recently posted Blue Iolite Earrings . Pink Tourmaline Earrings . Sterling Silver by vickiorionMy Profile

3. John says:

Hi, these are great! Scored 14 out of 15, no idea what that one with fire is for?!

Unfortunately I cant seem to download the set, every time I click it says there is an error. Is it just me?

Great blog! Colour is AWESOME!

Hey John! The fire is for Artfire.com, a handmade selling site similar to Etsy.

As for the download, I just double checked it in a couple different browsers, and it worked okay. I have no idea what went wrong, so I’ll email you the zip file directly! Thanks for stopping by!

4. Shannon C says:

Thanks Brandi! Once I turned my popup blocker off and unzipped they worked great. I am off to update my blog and website!
    Shannon C recently posted Anklets, a Chipmunk and a Dress FormMy Profile

5. Shannon C says:

and blogger won’t let me upload them, says I am over my storage limit and I can only upload pics under a certain size :-(
    Shannon C recently posted Anklets, a Chipmunk and a Dress FormMy Profile

6. Shannon says:

Thank you so much!

I have been looking high & low for a set with Pinterest and Instagram. I can either find one of the other, but not both (oddly enough, I only use RSS, Twitter, and Facebook, besides those two).

I really appreciate this. Downloading now, will set up later!
    Shannon recently posted Featured Friday – It’s All About Cars!My Profile

7. Sylvia Liu says:

Thanks, Brandi, for this lovely set of round icons. I was using another set but decided to use these instead. I have a tutorial on my site on adding social icons, and will add this page as a reference.
    Sylvia Liu recently posted I’m Crashing the 12 x 12 PartyMy Profile

8. Michele says:

Thanks so much for the beautiful icons, Brandi! I’m trying out a few right now, but I love them. I was really happy to see an Artfire AND Pinterest button among the rest…

I appreciate them all!!
    Michele recently posted The kindness of siblings…My Profile

9. Mary Q. says:

Awesome! Thanks for providing these. I’d love to see a set of customized colors where all the buttons are the same color, like the ones I use from Shrimp Salad Circus: http://www.shrimpsaladcircus.com/2012/07/free-mini-watercolor-social-media.html

Funky shapes would be really cool too! Maybe octagons since they’d use space similar to circles, but are unique in the social media icon world. Or splotches! That’d be cool for artsy blogs.

10. Michael says:

Soooo glad I found this today! I’ve been considering changing my icons but wanted to add Pinterest and Instagram and you’re right, they’re SO hard to find!

Thanks for doing and sharing this!!
    Michael recently posted Where I Come FromMy Profile

11. These are perfect! It’s so hard to find an icon set that isn’t cheesy and has *all* the major social networks. I’m using these on my blog now and love them.

Any chance you’ll add a Goodreads icon soon?

12. Great icons however a higher resolution version would be amazing…they show up pixelated at 52×52
    Campus Sartorialist recently posted Hellenic Inspiration – Alexandra – Manhattan CollegeMy Profile

13. D says:

Hi!

I’m trying to Download your icons, but I am having some issues. Is it possible to email me the zip file? I’d greatly appreciate!

Thank you!

14. Farrah says:

Thank you for offering these social media icons for free! I’ve just started designing my blog, so now i can cross this off my list.

Farrah
    Farrah recently posted building my blogMy Profile

15. Cameron says:

Thank you for these, Brandi! They are perfect for a project I’m currently working on.

16. 2legit2britt says:

OMG. I loooooooooooooooove you!

17. jenn shurkus says:

thank you! love these icons and LOVE LOVE LOVE that there is both pinterest AND instagram ;) thanks again- have them up on my site

18. Cynthia says:

These icons are just what I’ve been looking for. Colorful but in the properly branded color, with many options. When I chose “click here” to download, nothing happens. Any suggestions? I’d love to add these to my blog.
    Cynthia recently posted Step Away From the CameraMy Profile

19. Meg says:

Thanks! I just updated the social media icons on my blog with your set.
    Meg recently posted Big Guy’s Chuck Norris Themed 1st Birthday Party!My Profile

20. Tara says:

I just wanted to say thank you for letting us use these buttons! I really appreciate it :)

21. Janna says:

Thank you! Just what I needed.
    I also couldn’t download by clicking the link but (on my Mac) could Control+click the link, select download file and viola! Hope that helps some folks!

22. Matt says:

Clicking the link wouldn’t launch the download for me in Chrome.

If you’re having the same problem, right click and open link in a new tab and it should begin the download.

23. Oh my goodness! I am SO grateful for this easy download! I have been searching and searching for a free, hassle free download where I don’t have to download a program to get the icons! You are a life saver, these icons are perfect!! Thank you a million times over!!

24. Lovely! :) this is so useful because I’ve been looking for the thumbnail icons for social media :) thanks!
    notoriousbern recently posted Finger-acheMy Profile

25. I am wondering if you sell or offer the java scripted social media icons you use on this page for your own website?

26. These icons are fabulous! Thank you so much for this Brandi. I bought a wordpress template that didn’t allow me to add the Instagram icon. After awhile editing some php files I managed to figure it out and the Instagram icon from you is showing on my blog now. I am so happy!!!
    Ananda Escudero Gomes recently posted 1 COUNTRY STYLE WALL HANGER MADE WITH OLD FORKSMy Profile

27. [...] up your own social media buttons check out the post from Code it  Pretty for the HTML coding and Brandi Girl Blog for the button [...]

28. Heather Cash says:

Thanks for the great icons! I used them on my site :)
    Heather Cash recently posted Erie Zoo MuralMy Profile

29. KC says:

Thank you so much for a cute set that has Pinterest and Instagram!!!!!

30. Melanie says:

Thank you very much!!

31. Max SMM says:

Thank for icons, it’s very nice!

The case for small to draw an icon for vk.com.
    Max SMM recently posted Как устранить белый экран в админке WordPressMy Profile

32. ciklaili.com says:

Thanks a lot for the icons. Awesome :)

33. Claudya R. says:

Wow! Great pack, ty.

34. Katie says:

Thank you so much for these awesome buttons and thank you for including bloglovin’! I installed them last night and they are perfect! :)

Katie
    Katie recently posted Groundhog DayMy Profile

35. Anthony says:

Thanks for the splendid buttons. And I browsed around your blog a little, you do great work! Keep it up and all the best. :)

36. Justina says:

Love the icons! I’ve tried downloading them on both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, and both times it brings me to the homepage of Dropbox? Would love to download these icons to use on my site!