Loving :: Jasper James

I’m on this double exposure kick lately. It started with these photos that the lovely Kellie took with her Diana camera; aren’t they pretty? And ever since, double exposure photographs keep catching my eye.

Like the work of Jasper James.

Jasper is a Beijing-based commercial photographer with a great eye and a huge range of subject matter. He’s got a lot to see on his website, but my favorite is the City Silhouettes series, which is full of double exposure photographs that are lovely and wistful and contemplative.

Aren’t these amazing?

To see more, visit Jasper’s website. Found via Photojojo! and Booooooom.com.

13 Responses to Loving :: Jasper James

1. Linda Snider says:

Brandi–
    Jasper James photos are incredible! Love them and went on to look at this website.

I’m taking your e-class on PSE and want to thank you for all the great extras you’ve thrown in! As well as all the wonderful links you provide on your blog.

Linda

Hey Linda! Yes, his work (I’m assuming he’s a “he”) is fantastic. I spent quite some time browsing his portfolio!

And thanks for the kind words about my PSE class – it’s been awesome having you!

2. Hi Brandy, I just found your site through Art Bead Scene. The Jasper James pics are awesome. I want to say thanx for the ebook about pricing.

3. Cari says:

Hey Brandi,

The photos from Jasper James are Breathtaking! The picture of the child looking downward over the city, is… WOW!

How do you find these marvelous artists? Just one of MANY reasons I follow you, Thanks!

Cari ;o)
    Cari recently posted Fun Friday Finds 6.15.2012 [Flickr]My Profile

4. Crikey… I’m in LOVE with these! Imagine these as canvas on your wall….
    I so want to have a go. No idea HOW too, heheheee
    Thx for sharing, now to experiment. :-)
    Jennie. x
    Jennie Louise (@SnapHappyJen) recently posted Grey Skies Give Me The Blues.My Profile

I know, right? I wouldn’t mind a huge print or wallpaper mural of one of his prints. Too bad it doesn’t look like he sells any prints…

5. Kellie says:

Thanks for the lovely mention B, but these, these are incredible. I’m intrigued and will be checking out more of his work!
    Kellie recently posted {friday freebies} wrap it, tag it, label itMy Profile

They really are amazing. I love how my eye pops in and out of the two images – awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    Libby recently posted Flickr three :: #D66349 :: cardinalMy Profile

7. Karen Simon says:

Gorgeous pictures! I had no idea who he was until I found this other article here:

hope you like it aswell!

thanks for posting the pics!
    xK