Color Palette #111 :: Wine in the afternoon

One of the best things about summer here is the light in the afternoons. When the sunlight starts streaming through the trees, right around 6pm, there’s this golden glow that covers everything. I’ve always thought that would be a great time of day to sit out on the back porch with a glass of wine. So, a couple of days ago, I did.

And the light was fantastic.

Of course, my camera didn’t quite capture the moment the way I remember it. It tries, poor thing, but it can only do what I tell it, and all I can tell it is, “Capture that!” Which is not helpful to a piece of equipment. So, a trip through Photoshop and viola! That golden light reappeared in my photos. Like magic.

It’s been kind of a busy week, and my brain’s a little fried, so I’m taking tomorrow off from blogging. A Happy Father’s Day to any dads out there! See you Monday.

P.S. Isn’t that wine label gorgeous?

12 Responses to Color Palette #111 :: Wine in the afternoon

1. Rebecca says:

So, is this the bottle you found stashed away for a sunny day? Heehee! In all seriousness, you perfectly captured the mood of a relaxing summer late afternoon/early evening with a glass of wine, some sunshine and a cool breeze. Definitely my kind of palette!

Gorgeous, as always!

xoxo,
    Rebecca

It is! Sneaky bugger, hiding behind the pasta in the pantry.

And awesome, thank you! It’s always gratifying to get it right, you know?

2. Jennie says:

Ohhhh this little collage is beautiful… I can feel summer oooozing through your photo’s. Can I be cheeky and ask how u managed to get the sunshine back into your shots?
    Jennie. X

3. Vicki Potter says:

I always buy my wine based on the look of the label. Seriously.

Great palette, as usual!
    Vicki Potter recently posted Green Onyx Earrings . Flower Charm Earrings . Sterling Silver by vickiorionMy Profile

The palette is really nice and the photos really speak of summer, which I’m trying really hard to recall right now. It’s freezing outside!
    Libby recently posted Flickr three :: #85B3BF :: bound by blueMy Profile

5. Miriam says:

Beautiful! Makes me wanna take a bottle to the garden right now…
    Miriam recently posted NassMy Profile

6. Roni J. says:

That wine label is pretty neat. But I really, really like the way you have split the photos into 3 sections. I would like to see more of that.