Color Palette #107 :: Library of Congress

library of congress palette 1 copy

library of congress palette 2 copy

You know that niggling feeling that you forgot to do something, but can’t remember exactly what that something is? Yeah, that was me this morning when I forgot to publish this post.

In my head, since I had made the color palettes yesterday, I thought I was done. Because, usually, as soon as the palettes are made, they go into a post… to avoid forgetting that I had already done them. And yesterday, I was off my game. Distractions abounded and lack of focus kept snapping at my heels, and I got halfway through making these two palettes before I realized I had already done a palette that was saved and ready to go. I liked these better and so I scrapped the first one – problem solved!

But then I was trying to watch two baseball games, three basketball games, and plan a family vacation while shooting off emails and doing research for my next project, and the posting part slipped my mind. Oops! Multitasking is a total myth over here.

I can’t remember what I was going to say about these that I didn’t say yesterday, so I’ll simply wish you a Happy Mother’s Day! Have a great weekend!

12 Responses to Color Palette #107 :: Library of Congress

1. Rose says:

Too cool, I love those rich colors! And I’m happy how it worked out, because your post yesterday was so much to look at (thank you!!) – it’s nice to have the palettes later. And isn’t it funny how things seem better the 2nd time around?

Btw – Is it just me, or does the top picture make you think of QR codes too? ;)

Lovely pix and palettes Brandi, thanks!
    Rose recently posted WIMW: Cora Crawley Lace Necklace, Link LoveMy Profile

2. Cari says:

Brandi, Terrific color palettes, which sets off the Braidlet machine in my head… yes it is time for me to create another Braidlet with your help! lol

Thanks for sharing your talents with us Brandi!

Cari
    Cari recently posted Handmade Artists’ Shop and Fun Friday Finds 05.11My Profile

3. Sharyl says:

It still surprises me the colors can be so vivid. Your palettes really make that point all the clearer!
    Sharyl recently posted The Wearable Wire Art of Louise Goodchild DesignsMy Profile

4. Vicki Potter says:

These are among your most amazing palettes yet.
    Vicki Potter recently posted Turquoise Earrings . Carnelian Earrings . Sterling Silver . Fire and Ice by vickiorionMy Profile

5. Cindy says:

Brandi, I have been enjoying catching up with all of your DC photos – they are phenomenal. I always enjoy seeing what visitors to the area capture in their photos – and its always scenes and buildings that I haven’t thought of or been to. Yes, I have to confess, I have never been inside the Library of Congress! Your pictures are so breathtaking, from every angle. The colors are so beautiful, especially when given full attention in your color palettes.
    Cindy recently posted The Button Swap Blog Hop!My Profile

Thanks so much, Cindy!

I’ve also got photos from the Folger Library – ever been there? We went because we’re big fans of Shakespeare, but we didn’t get to see inside the theater – there were dress rehearsals for a play going, so we only got to see the great hall.

Wow – they are breathtaking. I’m not sure which I like more the ceilings or your palettes.
    Libby recently posted Thinking about :: swimmingMy Profile

The ceilings are incredible. I kept walking around, not paying attention because I was looking up. The great part was that everyone else was doing the same!