Color Palette #103 :: Put a little strut in it

Between losing my voice and then recording lots of videos, I’ve been sucking down cough drops like they could possibly save my entire existence the past couple weeks. But it wasn’t until the other day that I looked down at the ginormous pile wrappers on my desk and saw this:

Put a little strut in it.

My cough drop wrapper was giving me a motivational push! And “Put a little strut in it” became my favorite wrapper quote. Second favorite is a toss up between “Hi-five yourself” and “Conquer today” (oh, Halls. You had me at strut).

And I had to share it because I thought it was awesome.

I’m also posting my color palette a day early because, friends, I need a break. It has been all-computer-all-the-time around here lately, and my brain’s fried, so I’m taking tomorrow off from blogging. I’ll be back Monday!

20 Responses to Color Palette #103 :: Put a little strut in it

1. That is what I call a Random Act of Wisdom! I used to post things like that on my blog all the time. I should get back to it. There is wisdom and inspiration everywhere! Feel better right quick, missy! Enjoy the day.
    Erin
    Erin Prais-Hintz recently posted Sow Seeds of LoveMy Profile

Thanks, Erin! I’m feeling better, it’s just the throat’s a little squeaky, you know? And I totally miss the Random Act of Wisdom posts – you should definitely bring those back!

2. Rebecca says:

Brandi – you have inspired me! I love how you take the day-to-day items and turn them into a creative mix of color and wisdom.

I would like to challenge myself and take a few fun and silly photos with the concept “put a little strut in it” while utilizing your color palette. Of course, I would like to get your “blessing” first!

Cheers!

3. That is fabulous!
    Kellie // 74 Lime Lane recently posted {friday freebies} spring it onMy Profile

4. ejorpin says:

It is indeed awesome! And I ADORE this colour palette. I find those completely unexpected sources of inspiration are sometimes the most fun/fulfilling, what do you think?
    ejorpin recently posted Camera Bags Ahoy!My Profile

5. Now that’s pretty darned awesome that in your feeling bad, you could make such a cool palette!

I swear we need to get together this year.
    Lori Anderson recently posted Pink Hair — One Year LaterMy Profile

I love inspiration that appears in strange places. The palette is awesome as is your photo – I think you need to frame that one. Feel better soon.
    Libby recently posted Old fashioned phones and bee hivesMy Profile

7. Yazmin says:

I feel like someone should snap up that domain name! “alittlestrut.com” Hmm… :)
    Yazmin recently posted Top 5 Things to Do to Not Get RehiredMy Profile

8. What a great saying! Of course, the palette is gorgeous, too. Rest up! Feel better.
    Cynthia@OrnamentalStyle recently posted Torch-Fired Enamel Workshop With Barbara Lewis, Part DeuxMy Profile

9. Cari says:

Brandi… You are AWESOME! As others have state, feeling poorly and you manage to create a color palette.

That my friend is… Inspirational!
    Cari recently posted Fun Friday Finds: HAFshop Artists Featured for March 30, 2012My Profile