I love this time of year. I love the change in seasons, I love that bite that comes in the air (which is not quite here yet, but it will be). And yes, I even enjoy the crazy holiday season (which in my head always starts on October 1st – is that just me?).
Since I announced the next Color Palette Blog Walk round on Monday, it seems only fitting that I continue the color talk today (or everyday, whichever). My favorite thing, outside of my birthday, that I love about this time of year is a change in color palettes. Don’t get me wrong, I love the colors of summer, but that first change over from summer to fall? That’s super exciting. I’m always into the deeper, richer tones when autumn rolls around.
This year is no exception. I don’t always immediately agree with powerhouse Pantone’s color choices (I did last year, this year, not so much), but I have to say I’m excited about the colors they’ve picked for Fall 2011. Subconsciously, I must be on the same wavelength as Pantone, because I’ve seen and/or inadvertently bought most of these shades before knowing what the fall colors were. My favorite purchase? This dress from Target that I grabbed in a variety of colors (which I’ve been living in the past few weeks).
So, it got me thinking; how many fall color picks could I find? Turns out, a lot. Here are just a few favorites with Pantone’s fall palette that I found over on Etsy:
Now, I don’t know all of these artists well enough to know that they watch the Pantone picks (my guess is probably not), but I love their color choices, and I love how I can see the Fall 2011 colors in each.
What do you think? Love Pantone’s picks? Hate them?
- Mossimo Dresses at Target – search results here, listings available here and here
- Rain Drop Earrings by Balanced on Etsy
- Sympathetic Threads print by ALifeThroughtheLens on Etsy
- Tan Messenger with Dahlia Pleats by CrystalynKae on Etsy
- Magnolia Print by PrettyLight on Etsy
- Plum Pearl Earrings by Kande on Etsy
- Here Comes the Sun Pendant by JadeScott on Etsy
- Petals Ceramic Bowl by peifferStudios on Etsy
- Digital layout by me, available at Freshly Hued